Process Improvement Manager will be responsible for collecting and analyzing data to identify improvement opportunities in the areas of quality, cost and productivity. Once identified this person will work with senior management to develop and implement strategies that capitalize on these opportunities.
- Evaluate and analyze current process metrics and performance to identify areas requiring improvements
- Facilitate the deployment of new and changed processes to provide improved results
- Work with various teams to reduce process and business variations
- Measure and monitor manufacturing capacity
- Prepare product and process reports from data collection methods
- Train and guide production line leads as needed
- Ability to identify product failures and quality issues using root cause analysis
- Test product and process capabilities to establish standards
- Create processes and procedures to meet quality performance goals
- Manage quality and service ticket process
- Use the service ticket process to identify improvement opportunities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- A history of working on lean manufacturing processes
- Must have good interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with plant and office personnel
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and changing priorities; work extended hours when required, make sound decisions under pressure and work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with CAD programs a plus
- Background in quality assurance a plus
- History of managing people a plus